RenderMan Studio 3.0 is the latest version of Pixar's advanced suite of tools for shading and lighting TDs. Highlights in version 3.0 include a series of significant performance enhancements, which should be immediately apparent on many scenes.
Latest Features Include
- Relighting - GUI for interactive, final render-quality relighting of your Maya scene. (RFM Pro Only, RenderMan Pro Server Required.)
- Maya Fluids - Maya Fluid are now supported with full support for motion blur and the ability to produce depth maps, for Deep Shadows, etc.
- RenderMan Controls - A new, consolidated user interface provides intuitive, one-window access to the RfM's basic settings and operations.
- Co-Shader Support - RFM now supports tightly bound light/co-shader combiniations.
- Slim Scripting - MTOR-style Slim scripting is now supported from RFM, via slimcmd and slimmsg.
- TCL - RFM now supports Slim-side Tcl expressions (e.g. mattr, etc.)
- Render Layers - The pass mechanisms for both implicit and explicit passes has been improved for Maya Render Layer's.
- The RIB Inspector - A new RIB inspector provides quick access to your render data.
- Better Intergration with Slim - RFM's integration with Slim has been improved:
- Slim sessions now "travel" with Maya scene files.
- Bind Slim shaders to Maya nodes without the use of Maya ShadingGroup Nodes.
- Hierarchical binding via the Maya DAG is now supported. A new binding strength attribute allows you to override lower-level bindings at higher DAG levels.
- Slim can now initiate preview renders in Maya.
- Slim networks can now generally imply extra rendering passes.
- Full support for Slim-side Ensemble Adaptors.
- And more ...
- Pixar's Tractor - RFM provides no-hassle job distribution with Tractor, Pixar's new and improved work dispatching system ... one Tractor license is included with every seat of RenderMan Studio.
- Factory Templates - Complete upgrades to out-of-box templates, providing production-ready shading while leveraging the new capabilities of RSL 2.0.
- Improved physical accuracy
- Optimized performance
- New Slim nodes of all types, including Broadcast co-shaders, PTex utilities, volume nodes, and more.
- Materials Library - A library of complex appearances is provided.
- Tight Slim/RFM Integration - Offering new levels of interactivity with Maya. Tight integration means:
- Direct attachments from Slim
- A new Smart Palette based on Maya selections
Slim networks can now imply extra rendering passes..
- Full support for Slim-side conditional Adaptors
- PSets - PSets are a new UI tool for simplifying the process of introducing many minor variations in shaders.
- Co-Shaders - Complex shading tasks can be much more controllable and efficient with co-shaders.
- Upgrade to 15.2 - RFM includes a significant upgrade to the core rendering technology, providing substantial out-of-box performance enhancements.
- Unlimited Threading - Renderings now can take advantage of unlimited threads per seat.
- Disney's PTex - RFM now supports PTex files, including both reading, writing, and baking, facilitating new workflows for painting and texturing models, with higher quality results.
- Enhanced Threading - Significant gains when using multiple processors
- Accelerated Ray Tracing - Substantial performance optimizations
- 64 bit Vista Support on OSX
- Maya 2011 Support
TM & © 1986 -
Pixar. All Rights Reserved.