RenderMan Pro Server 16.0 is a major release and an important milestone for Pixar's core rendering technology. Important innovations, enhancements, and performance gains include:
• Fundamental advancements in RenderMan's ray-tracing technology, including a new ray-tracing hider, a radiosity cache, and physically plausible shading, all allowing RenderMan to take full advantage of the ever increasing processing power of multi-core architectures while providing the tools to implement these new features with efficiency and elegance.
• RenderMan's new progressive ray tracing now provides interactive re-rendering for production shading and lighting.
• New deep compositing features invaluable for post production while continuing to advance Pixar's point-based rendering technology with full support for spherical harmonics, enhanced threading scalability, all with greatly accelerated performance.
• Vector textures, major enhancements to realistic motion blur, and much more. A full set of release notes is available from our RenderMan Support Forum.
• Questions? Ask RenderMan Sales
TM & © 1986 - Pixar. All Rights Reserved.