1. Do I have access to customer support as a Non-Commercial RenderMan user?
No. Users of the Non-Commercial RenderMan product will have access to their own community based support forum.
However as a Non-Commercial user, if you would like full access to RenderMan Customer Support, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to upgrade to a Commercial RenderMan license.Non-Commercial Forums
2. How do I contact RenderMan Customer Support if I am a Commercial RenderMan user?
Commercial customers can use their customer support forumRenderMan Forums
3. What happens if I cannot remember my password?
If you cannot remember your password for your forum account, you can access the following page to reset your password.Reset Your Password
4. Why does forum registration not accept my password?
Pixar now uses an entropy based system to determine password strength. There are no strict rules as per number of characters, upper, lower, symbols etc. Randomness and length produce a stronger password. The old methods of using a couple of numbers in place of a character, or using patterns on your keyboard will NOT work. In use we found that expressions work well, like “my cat is a dog”, or “try stochastic sampling”. Using a password manager such as 1Password, or LastPass is highly recommended for generating, and storing your passwords.
Please check out this blog post for info on entropy based password calculations.
5. Who do I contact if my license has expired?
To renew an expired license, please contact RenderMan Sales atRenderMan Sales
6. Who do I contact if I want to move my license from one machine to another?
To transfer an existing commercial license to another machine, please contact RenderMan Sales atRenderMan Sales
7. How do I resolve problems activating my new RenderMan license?
If you are having issues licensing RenderMan, you can post your issues on the license forumLicense Forums
8. How do I report a problem with the images produced by RenderMan?
If you are having issues with the renderer, you can report the issue in the RenderMan Pro Server forumPro Server Forums
9. How do I report a problem with RenderMan for Maya?
If you are having issues with the RenderMan for Maya plugin, you can report the issue in the RenderMan Studio forumMaya Forums
10. How do I report a problem with RenderMan for Katana?
If you are having issues with the RenderMan for Katana plugin, you can report the issue in the RenderMan for Katana forumKatana Forums
11. How do I report a problem with Tractor?
If you are having issues with Tractor, you can report the issue in the Tractor forumTractor Forums