For the Toughest Jobs
Outstanding Features, Performance, and Price - It's a great time to see what Tractor can do for your creative vision.Buy Tractor
Cross Platform and Web Based
Tractor is packaged for each operating system, containing all of the Tractor components you will need, though each machine may only use a subset
The heart of it all
Tractor-Engine maintains the central job queue and dispatches tasks.
For Render blades
Tractor-Blade is a
The Control Center
Tractor-Dashboard is a customizable web browser user interface providing centralized control of all render jobs.
- Powerful scripting interfaces
- Native Maya Integration
- Flexible resource-sharing controls
- Python module extensions
- Minimal computational footprint
- Streamlined installation
- Directory Mapping across Different OS
- Major user interface enhancements
- Open web standards
- HTML 5 support
- Can bridge to any application
- For more see the Tractor Overview
- New Tractor Product Layout –Tractor
innow easier to install, maintain, and upgrade.
- Query Tools – Introducing "
tq" the tractor query command line tool. Based on proven Pixar studio tools, query live Tractor data from your terminal shell, from your Python scripts, or from the Dashboard.
- Adaptive Farm Allocations – Dynamically allocate resources between people or projects using flexible limits.
- Dispatching Tiers – Organize broad sets of jobs into site-defined priority groups. Create your own!
- Custom Menu Actions - Create custom dashboard items to invoke centralized scripts.
- Job Authoring API – Now easily create Job, Task, and Command objects linked together according to your dependency requirements, with Python scripts.
- Simple Engine Discovery – Setting up Tractor is much simpler, with a new
modethat doesn't require manual nameserver (DNS/LDAP) configuration.
- Blade Auto-Update – A new tractor-blade patch management system can automatically push out new versions to the entire farm.
- Pluggable Authentication Module (PAM) support – A simplified system for password support.
- Privilege Insulation – Allows Tractor's normal day-after-day operations to assume the appropriate permissions associated with the specific users.
- Dynamic Service Key Advertisement – Advanced usage cases can now take advantage of "Profiles." For example, blades can offer a selection of capabilities depending on previously launched commands.
- Resource Usage Tracking – Improved tracking of launched commands with the ability to record CPU, RSS, and VSZ metrics.
- Configuration File Loading – A streamlined override system can help to clarify which files have been modified from their original "factory settings."
- Task Concurrency Throttle – Constrain the maximum number of tasks
- that may run concurrently for any job.
- Automatic Blade Error Throttle – Prevent blades from picking up new work
- if they encounter too many errors within a given time interval.
- Job Spooling Improvements– The many upgrades include faster
- processing, better error checking, and bundling of required subsystems.
- For more see the Release Notes
Central job queue, installed on one host only Linux 64-bit (gcc4.4), Mac OS X (10.8+)
Task execution server, on render blades Based on Python 2.7,
Job submission and advanced command line tools, on user workstations Based on Python 2.7,